1/22/2012

*Burp*


As you know, I love to create things.  Oftentimes, it's food in my kitchen, but the desire to create with my hands doesn't typically end there.  In fact, I have an entire bedroom in our home devoted to nothing more than arts and crafts - a luxury I'm sure I'll someday have to relinquish. *Sigh*

Last year, I sewed several adorable pacifier blankets for Dan & Kristen's first child, Burke.  (Check them out here.)  Unfortunately, I'm not sure they were terribly useful.  Cute presents are fun to give, but the receiver (and the giver) would always prefer it be something that's actually useful.  At least in my case.  Otherwise, the gift ends up making its way to a garage sale or a keepsake box in someone's basement - both of which mean certain death for the object itself.  

I'm hoping I've solved this issue with my newest homemade baby gift.  While watching the 'Cats lose in their bowl game this year, I noticed Kristen had the most adorable spit rag for her son.  It was trendy but still handmade.  The fabric was actually something a young mother wouldn't be embarrassed to carry.  Nowhere did it sport powder blue, a duckling or a teddy bear.  This was baby chic.  And also, super simple to replicate.  

In about an hour, I'd sewed four burp cloths of different fabrics.  They were cute, useful and easy.  At the shower, my friend loved them and so did the other guests.  Finally, something new mothers might actually use...albeit for a *burp*.





1 comment:

  1. These are very cute. Sara should get a lot of use from these. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete