1/05/2012

Got Yolk?


So, Christmas breakfast didn't quite work out the way I'd planned...

I'll spare you the details, but the problem originated from a bunch of egg whites and an oven that cooks cooler than I ever account for.  The result: 10 egg yolks and no hollandaise on the menu.

After the festivities retreated, we settle into the leftovers.  And the eggs.

In an attempt to finally wake up and be productive prior to noon, I decided to make breakfast one morning during our 10-day staycation.  This recipe is easy, delicious and can use any easy leftovers in the house - perfect for the week after Christmas!

Just spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and line with lunchmeat.  Crack an egg (or in our case, an egg plus several egg yolks), sprinkle with cheese and a vegetable and bake for 12 minutes at 350.  I picked ham, parmesean and green onions.  I don't even have a recipe to share - it's that easy.

Finally...a breakfast that doesn't include an iron, skillet or griddle.  GOOD morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment