2/01/2011

Embracing the Crock-Pot



I've started really becoming interested in slow-cooker meals.  The last thing I want to do on some evenings after work is cook dinner for an hour (or more, depending upon my ambition).  The answer seemed to be calling out to me.  Every bride-to-be registers for a Crock-Pot.  Mine was especially fancy with timed cooking, three heat levels and enough room to stick in a large pot roast.  Sitting idle in my cabinetry was a device waiting to be utilized to its highest potential.  I decided to finally liberate this appliance.

And liberate, I did!  This meal was, hands-down, one of the most delicious I've made in many, many months.  And from a Crock-Pot, no less!  The ease and convenience was somewhat lost as we were snowed in by The Blizzard of 2011, but nonetheless the meal deserves 1,000 stars and a post on this blog.

Recipe: Chicken with bacon, mushrooms and onions, served with mashed potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment