2/11/2011

Happy Birthday, Bailey!


Ok, I'm a dork. I've learned to embrace this as I've gotten older.  Looking back, it's funny how in middle school I was so opposed to the idea.  Now, I let the dorkiness flow.  Just ask Joe.

So, in true form, I decided a first birthday party for Bailey was in order.  This could be no plain, old, boring doggie birthday, however.  This needed doggie treats, doggie favor bags, doggie birthday cakes, doggie party games!  This needed to be every first year-old (doggie)'s birthday party dream!

It started with one idea and the party just snowballed.  We ended up with two birthday cakes (can't forget about Bailey's friend Sadie, who practically shares a birthday with her), homemade dog toy favors, homemade doggie treats and "Pin the Tail on the Cat".  By the end of the week, I was afraid Joe might divorce me.

Luckily, the party was a success.  Even more so were the adorable doggie treats that Bailey and her friends devoured.  Even the people desserts were well received.  Bailey told me later how I'd made all her dreams come true.  Really.  She did.

Doggie appetizers (made with carob as icing - you don't think I'd poison Bailey's friends, do you?):


Recipe: I couldn't find the recipe online, but it's an easy one...

1/2 c. peanut butter
1/4 c. honey
1 T. olive oil
1 c. chicken broth
1 c. rolled oats
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. all -purpose flour

Preheat to 350. Whisk peanut butter, honey, oil and broth.  Separately, combine flours and oatmeal.  Mix it all together.  Roll out to 1/4 in. and cut out with a cookie cutter (I used bone shapes - Bailey's request). Baked for about 14 min. then drizzled and dipped with melted carob chips.

Red Velvet Doggie Cake Pops (for human consumption only):


Recipe: Puppy Pops (I was in a hurry...please don't compare craftiness)

1 comment: